It has been an emotional week. I went in Monday for my regular Dr. appointment, I was 19 weeks along and everything had seemed normal so I was heart broken and not expecting at all that they would not find a heartbeat. A ultrasound showed that he had passed a couple of days earlier. I have since gone through the motions of giving birth and burying my sweet perfectly formed but very tiny Cache. I am so thankful to all those who have helped me through this trial in my life. Not knowing what to expect when I went in Tuesday morning to be induced, I had a wonderful nurse, Amanda who was a sister to a former neighbor and bunko friend. she helped set up everything while I waited to give birth I met with some ladies from a group called Share who have also had miscarriages or stillbirths and help mothers go through this hard time. They also came back after Cache had been born and took pictures of him, dressed him, and shared their stories and love and understanding with me and my family. Also while waiting we met with the social worker at the hospital and with the mortuary to set up Cache's burial. The birth took longer than I anticipated both my girls had come rather quickly, it took three doses of the medicine 3 hrs. apart each and was almost time for another before he came. I wasn't sure what I would feel when he would come, I thought it would be strange to hold him, but it actually seemed very natural and we all took turns holding him. Mel held him the longest and had a hard time saying goodbye. We got a birth certificate and mold of his little hands and feet, and everyone was so nice to us. The pathologist came and offered to visit with Mel in a career in science and medicine, Mel has shown an interest in science. Our nurse shared that she had had two miscarriage and her first born was named Cache- which means hidden treasure. Also my sweet sister in law who went through this same experience five years ago was their with her advise and love half the day.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Cache
It has been an emotional week. I went in Monday for my regular Dr. appointment, I was 19 weeks along and everything had seemed normal so I was heart broken and not expecting at all that they would not find a heartbeat. A ultrasound showed that he had passed a couple of days earlier. I have since gone through the motions of giving birth and burying my sweet perfectly formed but very tiny Cache. I am so thankful to all those who have helped me through this trial in my life. Not knowing what to expect when I went in Tuesday morning to be induced, I had a wonderful nurse, Amanda who was a sister to a former neighbor and bunko friend. she helped set up everything while I waited to give birth I met with some ladies from a group called Share who have also had miscarriages or stillbirths and help mothers go through this hard time. They also came back after Cache had been born and took pictures of him, dressed him, and shared their stories and love and understanding with me and my family. Also while waiting we met with the social worker at the hospital and with the mortuary to set up Cache's burial. The birth took longer than I anticipated both my girls had come rather quickly, it took three doses of the medicine 3 hrs. apart each and was almost time for another before he came. I wasn't sure what I would feel when he would come, I thought it would be strange to hold him, but it actually seemed very natural and we all took turns holding him. Mel held him the longest and had a hard time saying goodbye. We got a birth certificate and mold of his little hands and feet, and everyone was so nice to us. The pathologist came and offered to visit with Mel in a career in science and medicine, Mel has shown an interest in science. Our nurse shared that she had had two miscarriage and her first born was named Cache- which means hidden treasure. Also my sweet sister in law who went through this same experience five years ago was their with her advise and love half the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment