Monday, November 21, 2011
As Thanksgiving approaches I am so thankful, especially today a day after her passing for my wonderful grandmother and her great example to me. She lived here life as a good example to me and all her many grandchildren. You knew that family and the gospel was the most important things in the world to her. She was so hard working she was always the last to eat and the first to be cleaning up. She was the best cook I loved her rolls, tamales, and pies the best. She is a great quilter, when I was growing up it wasn't unusual to have a quilt set up in her garage, in fact it was probably more unusual if the car was in the garage. I have in my possession several of those beautiful quilts. As she got older it was hard to see her lose her health and strength. She would have turned 93 on Thanksgiving. Melissa's last memory of her is on Halloween she was staying at my mom's and Melissa came down dressed as a zombie she was so afraid of scaring her, but it made Grandma just laugh and laugh. This morning when Melissa heard the news she thought of Grandma laughing, I am so glad she has such good memories of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment